FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CROSS-PARTISAN COALITION VOTESAFE LAUNCHES
- Governors Ridge (R) and Granholm (D) are calling on Secretaries of State and elections officers to support expanding absentee ballot access and safe, in-person polling sites.
- VoteSafe is a cross-partisan coalition of elections officials and organizations.
- Every American has the right to vote safely during the pandemic.
Washington, D.C. (May 20, 2020): VoteSafe, a cross-partisan coalition supporting the simple principle that every American has the right to vote safely and securely amidst the pandemic, has launched. The coalition of Democratic and Republican elections administrators and organizations nationwide is co-chaired by former Secretary of Homeland Security and Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge (R) and former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm (D).
In an open letter, Ridge and Granholm call on elections administrators to sign onto VoteSafe principles:
- All states and US territories should ensure voters have accessible, secure mail-in ballots and safe, in-person voting sites.
- Congress should ensure that states have the resources they need to protect their voters and elections.
VoteSafe is committed to ensuring that the right to vote safely transcends politics and partisanship. The following elected officials and organizations have signed onto VoteSafe, which is an independent entity.
- Kim Wyman: Secretary of State (R-WA)
- Jocelyn Benson: Secretary of State (D-MI)
- Brad Raffensperger: Secretary of State (R-GA)
- Jena Griswold: Secretary of State (D-CO)
- Denise Merrill: Secretary of State (D-CT)
- Caroline Fawkes: Supervisor of Elections, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Maggie Toulouse Oliver: Secretary of State (D-NM)
- American Promise
- Business for America
- The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights
- Fix the System
- League of Women Voters
- National Vote at Home Institute
- R Street
- Take Back Our Republic
- U.S. Vote Foundation
For more information, go to VoteSafe.US.
VoteSafe is a cross-partisan coalition of elections administrators and organizations ensuring that every American has the right to vote safely and securely.